PHONE: + 49 3628 66048-2900
EPC Group - German Engineering for more than 140 years.
We, the EPC Group, are an international engineering and construction company. The focus of our business is the design and realisation of industrial plants and infrastructural projects. It is the combination of experience and continuous development that makes sustained innovation possible. EPC is internationally active, building economically viable turnkey industrial plants that correspond to the highest technological and environmental standards.
The passion that the EPC Group has for engineering and plant construction has been passed down through many family generations from its founders, the Henkel family. As shown by old documents, machinery from the Henkel family has been awarded prizes at a number of exhibitions as early as 1894. Almost a century later, the first company of EPC Group was founded as EPC Engineering Consulting GmbH in Rudolstadt, Germany. After the reunification of Germany, the success story continued where it had begun in Thuringia, Germany. Since its inception EPC Group has continuously developed, formed new subsidiaries and expanded its international business portfolio.
“It is our responsibility to successfully continue our tradition and make our future sustainable.”
Dipl.-Ing. Ulf Henkel, Managing Director.
The Management Board: Four Engineers, One Family.
The Henkel family stand for decades of experience and share a great enthusiasm for engineering challenges. A combination of this experience and enthusiasm makes it possible to find the best solution for each client and each project. As a family-run business we have a lot to offer our clients. We combine the classic advantages of a family-owned company such as long-term thinking (in generations), quick decision making and a personal commitment to the interests of our clients.
We have completed more than 1000 modern industrial and chemical plant projects in over 40 countries worldwide which all share a common goal: to utilize innovative technology and production processes to enable the smooth and efficient operation of modern industrial facilities. Under our leadership, a team of over 300 employees are responsible for developing reliable, cost-effective and environmentally friendly projects.
A strong team with renowned partners.
Acting responsibly and sustainably can only be implemented through joint collaboration of business, politics and society. The EPC Group is a member of and has been involved with many organizations at both regional and national level. From our interaction with professional associations we are always up-to-date with the latest market developments and policies. This is in the interests of our clients:
- VDI Verein Deutscher Ingenieure (Association of German Engineers)
- BVMW - Bundesverband mittelständische Wirtschaft – Unternehmerverband Deutschlands e.V. (Business Association of German SMEs)
- Solarvalley Mitteldeutschland e.V. (Solarvalley Central Germany)
- Thüringisches Institut für Textil- und Kunststoff-Forschung (TITK) Rudolstadt (Vorstandsmitglied) (TITK -Institute for Textile and Plastics Research - (Board Member))
- Verband innovativer Unternehmen e.V. (Association of innovative enterprises)
- ibi - Innovative Braunkohlen Integration in Mitteldeutschland e.V. (ibi -innovative Lignite integration in central Germany)
- Initiative Erfurter Kreuz e.V. (‘Erfurter Kreuz‘ initiative)
- NAThüringen – Nachhaltigkeitsabkommen Thüringen (Sustainability Thuringia)
- Fördergesellschaft für nachhaltige Biogas- und Bioenergienutzung e.V. (Society for sustainable biogas and bioenergy)
- Deutsche Vereinigung für Wasserwirtschaft, Abwasser und Abfall e.V.
- Mitglied des Industrie- und Forschungsausschusses der IHK Ostthüringen, Gera (German Association for Water, Wastewater and Waste, Member of the Industry and Research Committee of the Chamber of Commerce of East Thuringia, Gera)
Registered Trademarks of EPC Group
- EPC inside PET®- Operating software for the fully automatic plant operation
- EPC PETvantage®- Customer-orientated revamping (upgrading)
- EPC variPLANT®- Flexible plant concept for polymer production
- EPC variPILOT®- Flexible concept for pilot plants
- EPC variYARN®- Modular spinning system for filament production
- EPCat® - Specific catalysts for technologies in EPC plants